Saturday, November 19, 2011

Time for catching up

Well, it has been a great week but a very busy one. First, the manure spreader is fixed and works great but shortly after, the back tire (the really big tire) went flat and has a nail in it. It's going to be a pain to fix as it's tubed and it has some mighty big weights on it.

Of course, I am going through withdraws because I can't play with my favorite toy the "Big Red" tractor and move lots of dirt around. The back lot is nice and graded but I still have the low part of the turnout to build up so it won't puddle.

At least I can pull the manure spreader with the truck for the meantime. I brought a giant round bale into the back paddock today and the horses were taking naps on it as they ate themselves to sleep. My little herd waddled in the barn tonight and they all looked pregnant (hay bellies).

Joy the dog we were boarding for a rescue went home this afternoon with a foster family and we may be getting in a Sheppard with bad burns till she can get a foster home.

I did some grooming today and moved some wood to the front porch for some winter fires. Tomorrow I am staining the neighbors deck and working on the arena footing so it isn't so dusty. House cleaning is in order since Thanksgiving is next week.

I will be working long hours Monday and Tuesday and going to a concert on Wednesday with a friend. The following week my regular schedule starts and it will be part time. It will be easier around here to keep up with the barn chores and dog grooming etc.

I feel very blessed to have such a full life. The animals that we help actually helps me more. I feel a wonderful purpose working with animals and in nature in general. I am one of the few people that get to realize their life's dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment