Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Now enters Elsa

I will never get over the passing of Daniel. Every day he is in my thoughts and I feel a great weight of sorrow for him in my heart. He was my heart.

But, Cooper and Micah are getting older and if a new puppy was to be introduced it had to be soon.

Enters Elsa, a little Sheltie mix puppy that I took home at 8 weeks old. My first girl dog, the runt and what appeared to be a very quiet and timid puppy. Maybe at first she was quiet and timid but she was also very small and very young.

Elsa is 6 months old now, she was quiet a shock to the two old boys and I knew with Micah being a very short tempered dog that a girl would be easier for him to tolerate than a boy. I was right, he puts up with so much and Elsa pretty much does what she wants.

It has brought joy back into the home especially since Elsa and Mia (the sick kitten that is now grown and healthy) are best buddies and rough house with each other relentlessly. It can be a real circus with both of them racing through the house at play.

Daniel would have loved Elsa, she loves toys as much as he did and loves to play. Micah likes to play with her and I keep a watchful eye on him just in case.

As much as my heartaches for Daniel and I long to turn time backwards to hold him again I am forced to continue on. Our loved ones pass, time passes but there is always new life and it catches ups and carries us along with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment