Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bracing for the heat

We finally got some much needed rain but the heat will be a challenge this week. I am thankful we are not in the middle of the worst of the heatwave but I will be extra careful with the horses. The dogs are in air conditioning and we can do the barn work in the early morning and evening hours. As they say, you do what you have to do.

The moon was beautiful tonight and there is so much to thank God for here. I am thinking about becoming a non-profit as it isn't about the money but about the good things we do here for animals and sometimes people. Life has much more meaning when you are making a difference.

William the dog that was to be put down because he was chained to an abandoned house which in his condition was very aggressive is a big teddy bear and is getting sweeter every day. He's gained weight and will soon be treated for heartworm. I know he'll make it because he is strong and loves life. I want to do more for animals like him and also I want to help children who have been abused and neglected. It is good to still have dreams and try to realize them.

Thursday is supposed to be brutally hot and I am thinking it would be a good time to take a swim at the neighbors during the heat of the day. I guess we'll see how the day goes.

I am restless tonight and hope tomorrow brings good things our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment