Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter is upon us

I got a call from a company that one of my previous co-workers gave my name as referral, I had to take an assessment, one of those kind of tests that you have to problem solve. The tests are timed and I always get nervous, I don't know if I passed or not. Going through the interview process is getting harder and harder, I feel like I am really feeling intimidated because I am up against younger applicants. When you are laid-off of course your spirits can get pretty low and you feel like you are stuck in a deep rut.

I am still working on the fence, it is never fun putting up fence or easy either. Kylie road Aubrey yesterday and really for the first time in a long time enjoyed it. I finally found out about my college credits and I have 40 although not all of them will apply to this degree, I will have to take college algebra again, I am not looking forward to it.

Today Kylie worked and will be off tomorrow which is nice, the guy who owns the little store she works doesn't ask his employees to work holidays like Easter, his store will only be open a few hours and he will work them. I thought that was very nice, Kylie doesn't know how fortunate she is because most retail jobs demand you work holidays.

The weather is really nice and one morning I went on my farm sit and there was still snow in some places and by the end of the day the grass had burst into vibrant green. I wish I could say it made me feel better but I am kind of down because of the work situation and nothing is shaking it.

Kylie had a sleep over during the week and her friends family sent some Easter gifts and even a small ham home with her. I appreciated it very much because neither of us were much in the holiday mood. When Kylie was little I used to hide Easter eggs all over the house and in the yard, I bought her a stuffed bunny every year, she still has big bunny which was a huge stuffed bunny I got her when she was little. I have reflected on Christ and the real meaning of Easter the past few days. It is so easy with how commercial things are now to forget the meaning of the holiday and what we should celebrate.

Tomorrow I will do my farm sit and we will go to the flea market, we'll have a nice dinner and maybe see the horses. It will be a quiet day, I am not even sure that my brother will come down and visit. I have cleaned a couple of rooms this week, I need to vacuum upstairs and dust the rest of the house.

I will be grooming my dogs within the next few days so the house will stay cleaner longer, they are shedding and the ponies and horses are too. Soon it will be time to cut the grass, it will be a challenge this year because our mower is on it's last leg. I had intended to replace it this year but that isn't going to happen now.

I will move the pony fence around some to let the ponies mow the grass for me so maybe I'll just have to cut the front yard, that is plenty all by its self. I have been able to spend time with Kylie and I start school at the end of April but I am scared, I just don't know how much longer we can keep going without finding a job.

I pray and hope that God has a plan for us and that it will all be well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment