Sunday, March 11, 2012

Late movies & a busy day

Stayed up late watching movies last night but got up around 7:30 and hit the ground running. I fed the horses and watered the arena down and came in to take a nap but it wasn't happening. The phone rang all morning so I gave up and went back outside.

All the horses were out and had a great time. The grass is starting to green up a little so no more big pasture till the end of May. I dug a spot for an above ground vegetable garden and put a tarp over it to kill any grass I didn't get up with the shovel.

Andrew came down and leveled a big load of brick to fill in the hole the previous owner left by the house. I pushed some piles down and leveled them with Big Red in the back so any manure is gone now. We got a delivery of hay at the end of the day. Uncle Gregg got a flat tire and the tire was stuck on the car and that took a couple of hours to get straightened out.

Right now my hands hurt I think from shoveling, I did the stalls too by the way. I'm tired and think I'll have no problem sleeping tonight. More brick on the way tomorrow and we will use some of it for walls in the kennel.

I heard more rain on the way which really stinks... at least no tornado or blizzard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment