Monday, August 23, 2010

Good Morning! It's cool out I love it!

Fed the horses this morning and started LA's change over to a different grain. Let my horses out and checked the pasture water. The plan today is to leave the little herd out till about 4:00 and then bring them in so the big herd can go out for about two hours and come in for feeding.

I have not spent as much time with my birds so this morning I let Lowkie and Roxy out of their cages for a break. Lowkie is calling to me now because he is very bonded with me he is a Pionus parrot and he is very sweet. It has been so hot we have had the ceiling fans going non-stop so that is a no-no for birds out of cages. Today we can shut the one down in the sun room and let them stretch their wings some.

I have a little fountain in the kitchen and when Lowkie hears it he takes a bath in his water dish and splashes water everywhere He is very cute. Roxy is a Velcro bird and likes to be on shoulders but will hang out with Lowkie who doesn't like to be crowded. Roxy will preen your face and give kisses! She is a cockatiel.

Today my classes start and I will have to stay on the ball but it will be easier than the last math class. I'd rather have my eyes gouged with a pencil than take that class again. Kylie's classes start on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment