Friday, May 11, 2012

Barn Swallows

I have a favorite bird and that is barn swallows. At my old house we had a nest of them in the garage every year. The babies would learn to fly and every time I mowed they'd swoop and they'd perch on the fence by the garage and watch me, just about four feet away. They'd leave and comeback every year. I knew them and they knew me. I moved down the road to this farm and yesterday while mowing, three or four barn swallows followed me and swooped as I cut. Things felt like old times with my little friends.

Polo got horsey sneakers today so he could have more comfort walking. He seemed to adjust pretty fast with them on and wanted to go everywhere.

Yesterday and today were pretty good days, I'm kenneling four dogs now and one more on Sunday, things are picking up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment