Wednesday, January 26, 2011

To quiet, no chaos, I'm bored....

I took yet another nap today and relished it. Made some phone calls and laundry. I took Kylie to pick up her new glasses and bought a few groceries. I picked up oil for the tractor and put it in so we could run it safely and spread the manure.

It was fun turning the key and having the tractor start, I love driving Big Red and I think I made it into fourth gear and I was really cruising through the pasture. I found the reverse gear on the gear shift so I don't have to change from forward to reverse using the bar on the floor by the clutch.

We did stalls around 5:00 and finished quickly. The two dogs came in for boarding this evening and will be here for a week. It will take a day for them to settle in but they have been here before and it will all work out.

I'm sitting here listening to music and trying to convince myself to vacuum. We have four dogs so it is a good idea to vacuum once a day as a rule. I'm sleepy and I almost feel lazy and I just want to veg. I'm not much for watching TV so I am tired but restless. I'm tired of the cold weather and the early darkness. I always kind of slow down this time of year because I'm ready for a break and some warmth outside.

I have a while to wait for better daylight and temperatures so I guess I will have to make the best of it. Soon I'll be complaining about being hot and the dang grass growing too fast and mowing. Flies can't forget about those flies when the heat comes and with horses and manure. Wow, that is a revelation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment