Sunday, February 26, 2012

Early Rising and Stalls

I got up especially early today to do stalls and work in the barn. The horses were thrilled last night to get an extra feeding but of course they forgot about it this morning and acted like they hadn't been fed in a week. So much drama in the morning with the banging, thumping, whinnying and commotion. I cleaned the majority of the stalls and fluffed them, emptied water buckets and let them dry out and swept up a little.

My little herd when out in the big pasture today and the larger herd will be in the arena and back paddock. I could use a nap now but instead I am doing some cleaning in the house and taking care of this and that.

The sun is shining and teasing us all, it's warmer today but it is warm one day and freezing the next. I'm not complaining though as it is nice to have a little thaw in between snow and ice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment