Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rain, mud, and sawdust

I tried scraping the mud away before the sawdust delivery but it rained last night and of course the whole farm is mud. The driver of the sawdust truck tried to bring his truck into the barn but got stuck. Luckily, I was able to pull the 20,000 lb truck out of the mud with my tractor.

For a tractor that cost $2700, Big Red is worth it's wait in gold. Diesel, 4x4, and roughly 56hp it may look rag tag but it kicks mud butt! I ended up with the sawdust outside with a tarp over it but I have to admit I had a great time playing in the mud.

The rest of the day was stripping stalls and loading them up with fresh sawdust. I dumped all of the buckets, cleaned cobwebs from Cody's stall, hosed down the isle way in the barn, swept and hung up stall picks. I had better hope to find things as I left them and not laying around for the rest of the week.

I feel like I finally got somethings in order in the barn and am back on track with the chores. Kylie cleaned out the two bunny cages and I will tackle the basement over the weekend.

I am tired but it is a good tired. It is good to be outside and doing the work I love. I even sat outside for awhile and enjoyed the fresh air and actual sunshine. Things are always a challenge running a farm but today I was reminded of why I love it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment