Friday, September 3, 2010

The Russian

Today a very large tractor came home. I have to give credit to Dave my ex-husband, Kylie's father because he went through a lot of trouble to get it here. First, a trip to PA that was 6 to 8 hours one way. Second, messing around with it hours yesterday evening trying to get it to start as it needs new batteries. Third, trying to get it off the flatbed with ramps.

The ramps weren't sufficient so I went driving around route 18 looking for something with a dock. In the meantime, my neighbor Pete who has a towing business saw the dilemma and had Dave pull in the semi and they transfered the tractor onto the tow and lowered it and Dave drove it to my farm 2 doors down.

Dave's semi stalled and is stuck so I took him and Nick home and the trucking company will have to come get the semi tomorrow. That is a lot of trouble for Dave to go through so I am very grateful for his help.

In the meantime, the owner of the truck parts store down the road offered to buy the tractor and possibly at a profit. It is big and complicated so I will have to think it over as I am not sure yet. It needs a battery and it has a hydraulic leak which isn't a big deal it's just money is tight till I get the house rented.

I have plenty of pictures so I'll post them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment