Friday, May 13, 2011

Working with puppies

We have a new client who is boarding a dog with us over the weekend and he is 5 months old and his name is Bailey. I introduced him to Daniel today who is a playful Golden and after awhile Bailey got an idea about playing. It's a wonderful feeling to be able to work with young dogs and see them play and learn. We worked on socializing and leash basics. Lots of things scare Bailey in a strange environment so we explored and also my cat buttons was around for Bailey to sniff.

It's great to have four dogs to use with this kind of work because I can choose between different sizes and temperaments. I have a larger fenced in yard so running and playing is safe.

The heat is gone finally and it seems the storms for at least tonight. Mowing tomorrow as the grass is huge again. My allergies are going crazy which is typical right now and I am betting it's going to be especially bad this year. Yeah for antihistamines! Sawdust coming next week to so lots of dust. If it is cooler next week, Kylie and I need to ride Cody and do some Aubrey work. Aubrey has grown and he's filled out nicely. He's very happy here and plays with the two little ones.

I really enjoy the horses and taking care of them. Angel is struggling with weight, Satire is happy and knows what he wants at all times! Preacher is calmer and Echo has playmates. Cody is happy having his own little herd and Aubrey feels accepted. The two little ones are happy being part of a herd and always into mischief anyway. I love them all very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment