Friday, April 20, 2012

This good earth

Here are pictures of our ordeal today. Thanks to one of my wonderful neighbors for digging out most of the soil.

We had to dig the rest by hand to find the pipe. My 14 year old daughter went first and dug a long time, then my 60 year old brother took a turn, I took the last turn. We kept turning the water on till we found the leak. We went to Home Depot for the clamps and it rained and thundered so first thing in the morning we will cap the leak permanently.

Sadly, this is the second time we have had to dig this line up. Broken tile and stone were used apparently when the line was installed. I am not going through this again with this water. Even with a backhoe it took all day to find the line, my daughter got leg cramps standing in the mud trying to move around.

I have to say though, I am very proud of my daughter's support as this was her way of trying to make the farm work and carry on. My neighbors and my brother have helped me so much. Though this is a very difficult time for myself and others I am blessed and I thank God for his goodness to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment