Saturday, April 23, 2011

A very fine evening

Today was the last day of our farm sit and we said goodbye to the baby goat. I have to confess that Kylie and I both were sad when we left. When we got back home we unloaded sawdust and feed from the truck and I spent  some time visiting with Shirley and enjoying the horses.

I came in the house and took a long needed nap, I'm finally feeling rested because we've been working hard at other farms and doing our own work for a few weeks now and it's nice to have a weekend off. Late afternoon I cleaned our stalls and we exercised our own horses and Kylie enjoyed playing with and Bit. They enjoyed it too. Tomorrow I will start shaving their fur because they will start getting to hot with such heavy coats. I'm going to groom Cody and trim his whiskers!

I'm sitting here now at this late hour watching the lightening outside and I just got home. I had a really nice evening with someone I'm pretty fond of and we talked and laughed together. When the weather improves theres some projects we'll work on that I'm looking forward to doing. There is a comfort level that is emerging and I sort of like it and their is a certain amount of trust that is growing. A welcome change I think at this stage of my life. I'll sleep well tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment