My photo

Used to run a stable and live on a farm, now I am back into banking for awhile. Still have horses and love animals.  

Monday, August 27, 2012

FIN-The End

Friday I submitted my test case and was mentally set for the weekend. Saturday started with Dave pulling up with a big horse trailer, Cody went first and was very nervous probably because I am his mommy and was all concerned. Next came Aubrey who loaded pretty easily, then the moment that I thought would be the most stressful, loading Mare Girl. Mare watched the other two horses go and called to them. Kylie put a lead on her and Mare walked her down the driveway, Dave took the lead and she walked right on, she had to back into the stall to be secured, she did it and bumped against the back wall and it startled her but she was fine. Pony and Bit loaded last, Pony went right into his spot and Bit was tied in the middle. They all had hay and got to the new barn without incident.

Dave took the horses to the new barn, unloaded them and they were very calm. The two little ones were put into their stall at the new house. We spent Friday evening moving mats and panels and had it ready for them. I followed Dave to the barn and then dropped my brother off to get the Uhaul truck and went back to the house to start the packing up.

Brian came to help move and he and I moved all of the furniture out of the house while Trace and her friend moved the washer & dryer etc. and the mower on their trailer. My brother went back to the new house to let the cable guy in and after the truck was full we took it to the new house. We had several people pop in and out to wish us well since they saw the moving truck.

Dave came and helped us unload the truck and we went back to the old house again. We loaded up cars, Brian and Dave went home and I loaded up the four dogs in my Coralla. They had all whimpered when we took the furniture and pulled out of the driveway and they were very happy to get into the car.

They all lined up on the back seat. I looked in my mirror and saw a sea of heads bobbing. They were so happy and out of all the dogs Copper had been the most distraught, he seemed to think he was going to get dumped again.

I let them all out in the garage and then the house and they went all over sniffing except Cooper. He jumped into my arms and licked my face, he was not dumped and he did happy circles the rest of the evening.

It was late and we were too tired to get the birds so we decided to call it a day and get some rest. Sunday started out slow because we were so exhausted. We had all gotten about four hours of sleep the night before. But, we got on the road and bought the rest of the collars for the dogs, ate something and headed back to the old house. By the way it was awesome to sleep in the new house. We stopped into check the horses and Cody didn't seem to notice, Mare who had ignored him until now decided that he was security for her and the two of them stood close together, grooming and comforting each other. Aubrey stood close to them in their own little pasture and they were happy. Mare had even let Little Bit stand close to her in the trailer, of course Little Bit is as tall as a dog wouldn't just stand there but persisted in moving closer and closer and she just stepped back. The three horses are all side by side and can see each other through the boards.

Dave came with a Bobcat and loaded all of the hay and the sawdust in the barn and took it until he can drop it off at the barn the horses are at now. Greg, Kylie and I began to clean and clear the house, barn and block building. We worked and loaded the truck, we took all the bird cages out and loaded them in the truck. Around 9 pm we headed out with a loaded truck and all of the birds and bunnies.

After unpacking the truck half way and getting the birds cages in and the birds and bunnies put away we headed back to the old house for the last time. We loaded what was left, burned some of the trash and took trash out to the road. We also made a pile of things someone else can use.

We loaded the cats and by the time we were done it was 2 am. We pulled out of the driveway for the last time. Kylie was very emotional because she was so tired. I didn't look back. The darkness that shadowed over us the last six months was finally lifted. A new life without strife.

I went to bed at 4 am and got up at 6, fed the little horses, the bird and let the dogs out. I went to work and drank four cups of coffee, came home and spliced wire and finished the dog fence. I took Kylie to get something to eat and we stopped and saw the horses, they are very happy. We came back to the new house and unloaded the truck and dropped it off. We are all slap happy from exhaustion but I am so happy and at peace. The garage is a disaster with all of our stuff but that will all be righted soon.

The birds were troopers and took the move well. All of the animals just didn't want to be left behind. I am so tired but so happy to have gotten this house and to put behind me all of the good and bad things of the past two  years.

No more counting days, we have made it through and all the work was worth it. Today Micah discovered the ducks next door and found a possum in the fir tree.

Here's to the blog post ahead, a new chapter and a better life. 

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you, Kylie and your wonderful family of animals happiness and contentment in you new home!