Sunday, August 5, 2012

Very important thoughts

Three weeks ago I feared the worst, I would loose all of my animals. As I lay in bed at night I cried holding Cooper my Sheltie feeling I'd really let him down because I found him at the shelter and he had been in two other homes already.

Today I sat down on the couch and of course Cooper was next to me. I pet him gently and realized that he would be in a new home soon but with me. I wasn't going to loose him or my other animals, my family of animals. I realized that Kylie wouldn't have to give up Micah and Nana wouldn't have to go back to a rescue.

I still want to cry but for joy and love. I thank God for His goodness and mercy. I am truly moved today by all that has happened since Saturday when we found a new home. A miracle, yes it is for to move with all of these animals, to find a place so nice and without maintenance what can I say. I've worked so hard for years on houses, land and just to make it decent to live on.

So many things people take for granted, I grew up poor, I have had really high moments in my life and even times when my life has hung by a thread. The new place we are moving humbles me, all the convenience that most people have today we have never had or asked for simply because our priorities weren't about comfort but more necessity.

I have lived a very rich life full of sadness sometimes and unspeakable beauty at other times, most of the beautiful times were when things were simple and meaningful, the peaceful moments that only nature and God can give.

There is nothing on this earth that I would trade for God's love, Kylie, or the animals that have become a part of my life. With that said, I've been given hope and a new beginning. I've been given more than I would have asked for and most of all God has saved me, He loves me and that at times is hard for me to accept. These past few weeks I've felt that love so deeply that nothing can match it. That in the end was what I needed the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment