Monday, July 2, 2012

Helping Molly

Things are just really bad, I have managed to stay composed most of the time but it's hard. Facing the fact that I may not have anywhere to live soon and may loose my animals is just too much for me at times and I have desperate thoughts, sometimes I just don't want to go on living, sometimes I could put myself out of this misery and I'm not joking.

In the meantime, I am boarding a very precious soul this week named Molly. Molly is a rescued dog and her owner's have done everything to help her but she has a chronic skin condition that is just severe. Molly's eyes are swollen and she has scabs on her lids, her ear flaps have holes in them, her feet are red and swollen, her glands are swollen under her chin and her skin is very hot. She is just in such misery. But, she is so meek and sweet and she has a wonderful spirit about her.

I have been cooling her down with an aloe and water mixture and then a cool water rinse. I wash her face and eyes and have cleaned her ears. She looks like she has infection in her eyes and ears. When Molly is done with her little shower she looks almost at peace for a little while. She shakes off the water and wags her tail. Molly comes to me and presses her head against my legs, looks up at me with such gratitude and relief in her eyes. God bless her.

Molly's owners are taking her to a new vet as soon as they get back to look for a better treatment, they agreed to put her on a fish based diet to build her immune system up. Hopefully, her skin and health will improve, she looks like a very old dog even though she isn't, it's the suffering.

I pray the good Lord will help me face what I must in the coming weeks with the courage Molly has, I know I can't face it without his help, I just can't.  

2 comments:

  1. You MUST NOT give up, your daughter and animals need you as much as you need them.
    I'm glad that you are able to give dear Molly such relief - she indeed appreciates what you are doing for her.
    Things have a way of working out, sometimes there seems no end to the problems BUT it WILL work out right for you.
    {Hugs}
    Rose H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, you have come this far, you cannot give up now!! it will all work out for the best. I can only imagine how hard everything is for you right now, and I know that God is leading you in the right direction, it will all turn out well I'm sure :)

    Hugs xoxo
    Connie

    ReplyDelete