Sunday, July 8, 2012

Up beat for a change

Molly went home with instructions,  I really feel with the right vet, food, and regular rinses Molly will soon be a very happy and well dog. I sent Uncle Greg and Kylie out for a birthday cake, my little girl is going to be 15. Hopefully, she will get some birthday money and if she saves it we'll get her a western saddle of her own so we can ride together.

Tomorrow is Monday and I am anxious of course, Lloyd should have more answers this week. I'm praying that it will work out for awhile till I am on the job long enough to get financing. It is almost unfathomable to think that we would be able to buy this place and not have to worry about leaving anymore. I think my joy would be overwhelming.

We have had a nice weekend with Kylie, Uncle Greg and me. Uncle Greg never saw the Duck Commander's show, he got a good laugh out of it. He is so good to Kylie, she'd be lost without him. He knows what to do and say to make her feel better.

The horses were glad to be out last night and this morning, the heat is not as bad for them. They hate being locked up all day but what can you do when it's almost 100 out.

It rained, that's good, we need lots of rain before fall if the hay is going to be decent for winter. Some farmers may not even do a second cutting and that's scary.

I was telling my brother that this place is just the right size with enough horses to keep me busy and out of trouble but not kill me with a full time off the farm job. I would be very bored otherwise, I would be a pain in the rear for everyone.

I am packing my suitcase for travel soon, the dogs are looking pretty forlorn. My brother says they don't have any idea but I know they do. It will be a sad few nights with me being gone and they will just be beside themselves. I wonder if I can sleep without dogs piled in my bed taking my blankets and pillows and having to sleep on the edge. I won't have a dog sleeping in the bend in my legs, on my feet and somewhere against my back or head. What I won't miss is Cooper waking me up in the morning with his thousand licks a minute wake up alarm on my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment