Sunday, June 9, 2013

A very excited daughter

I haven't been exactly ambitious today, I took advantage of the alone time and just hung out watching movies etc. Later in the afternoon a very excited Kylie came home, her friend's family dropped her off and they too were very excited. Their costumes had competed against others and they got 2nd place. They competed against some very experienced costume makers and also had to appear before about 3000 people. They also got a lot of recognition in general.

It was the best time I think Kylie has ever had and she was so proud of her accomplishments. She had worked tirelessly on making chain mail for her arms and head. It payed off because the workmanship of her and her friend is what impressed the judges.

I am happy because Kylie is happy, I am glad to see her confidence just explode because she feels successful. It's awesome for her after going through so much. Of course she has now crashed because of lack of sleep and so much excitement.

The kids went swimming at the water park and did other things beside the Con and they stayed up late and talked and laughed, calling me at 2:00 a.m. It was a good way to have a release after working so hard at school.

I am thinking she is going to be tired for a couple of days but she will have to keep busy around here while I work, I want to get the house in order so she can invite people to celebrate her 16th birthday. I am not much  good at planning events but I will do my best to make it a good day for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment