Saturday, November 6, 2010

Manure.... Sawdust... It's my life

Kylie went to another church function today with the Perkins and I'm very happy because I am really bad about not getting her to church and it is good to have help with this. After chores I put the Razzleberry Pie in the oven and made some phone calls and let the pony and bit out to pasture.

I brought in the little guys after visiting the neighbor I decided to make a sawdust run. I brought home three bucket loads and was lucky I didn't loose much as the tailgate dropped when I was putting the tarp over the top. I had a very slow ride home but it was worth it because I don't like money basically blowing in the wind.

I cleaned all the stalls which weren't as bad as I thought they would be. I am thinking I will be taking a break tomorrow because I am tired of manure basically...

My brother came down with 4 gallons of milk and some bread because he thinks prices are going to go up in a couple of weeks. I'm really glad to get the extra groceries as Kylie drinks a lot of milk.

I managed to get into the house before dark today and start a fire. I'm really sore and sleepy so after Satires last feeding I am going to sleep.

The white stuff was coming down a little today and I was thinking we will have a long winter this year.  The fireplace helps fight off the gloom of cold winter days. I think that is what I like best about this house. This is such a good place to be and I'm happy here. At times it's hard keeping up and balancing the finances and two houses for awhile but hopefully things will get easier in that respect. It is all worth it even though I have some anxiety about the future. I will press on, shovel more manure, and try not to inhale too much sawdust!

No comments:

Post a Comment