Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sleeping the day away, enjoying the arena

I fed everyone and went into the house, I went back to bed. I decided to get up and take a shower and thought that would wake me up. I showered and went back to bed. I don't think I got up till after 2:00. It was great.

I didn't get things done in the house but did get things done in the barn and cooked fried potatoes and eggs for us this evening.

We had barn company later and Billy, Mac and Cody were ridden. I even rode Cody and it felt like old times. My seat is still decent and even though I haven't neck reined Cody  in years he remembered very well. Kylie rode him too and did very well. It was nice to have some rest and recreation today and it was warm then later a full moon.

I have a couple of grooming appointments this week and lots of cleaning to do. I will probably have some pet visits over the holiday too. Tomorrow I am going to solve the sawdust issue once and for all. I am ordering bagged sawdust  because I did the math and it may end up being cheaper. No more sissy delivery boys, I'm all done with that.

It is supposed to rain the next few days which is disappointing after wonderful days like today. I will want to take some power naps for sure but need to press on with whipping the house into shape.

I got a call from my old neighbor today wanting the phone number of the family moved in next door to him (they leased my old house). Apparently, the chickens got loose and made their way over to the neighbors garage and came in by way of the man door. Hilarious I couldn't stop laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment