Friday, November 12, 2010

Six Tails a Wagging, A Stampede, To Much Water

Right now I am looking at six tails a wagging in my living room. We are dog sitting for a week. Now I have 3 golden retrievers, a sheltie, a collie mix, and a German Sheppard. They are all pacing right now and probably will be more settled by in the morning. Dustie my senior Golden is hanging out on the couch minding his own business and Cooper the Sheltie is at my feet just watching the other dogs pace.

A very portly quarter horse was pestering Bit and Pony causing Pony to kick at the gait and he broke the snap thereby releasing both he and bit into the arena with a very large horse. They all decided to head for the pasture much to my disapproval. I caught the rotund quarter horse before he escaped with the nimble Bit and Pony.

I must have been shaken up because I forgot and left the water running into the tub in the arena and caused a small flood. I almost forgot to mention that Annabelle went on an adventure to the barn and followed me around in the arena. I was hoping she might want to fly a little but she was afraid. We will have to take her out there more often so she can have a taste of freedom and stretch her wings. She was happy to get a snuggle in her blanket though and was much quieter when we took her back to the sun room.

Josh, Kylie's half brother is home from the Marine's stopped by just now. He is such a handsome young man with so much energy. Time flies and I can remember when he was a very small boy and now a grown man.

2 comments:

  1. Cor, that sounds like a busy morning - you could do with a sit-down and a nice cuppa now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I start my day with a cup of coffee and have another at lunch time to perk me up! The warm weather we've had these mornings has been great for my spirits as well.

    ReplyDelete