Journaling

My photo

Used to run a stable and live on a farm, now I am back into banking for awhile. Still have horses and love animals.  

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tractor Supply, Hair Color, Naps, and Fencing

We went to Tractor Supply today and got some stuff to rig things around the barn. I really love making things safe and convenient and I get carried away in the hardware section sometimes. I bought some metal plates to fix some of the fence post holding up the split rails that have split apart, I also bought a split nozzle so a short piece of hose can be added to the pump for washing hands and rinsing things.

I don't have a lot of grey hair yet but my hair color has gotten very dull. With that said, it is time to do a little doctoring up. I am always in barn clothes and dirty but once in awhile I like to take time to do something to feel more like a women like my hair and some makeup. Growing my hair long again will make me happier too.

I took a nap today but I always feel worse when I wake up. I think I need to take a day and sleep. It's hard because I always have things to do and I like keeping busy. Winter will give us a break and of course once the fencing is done.

Speaking of fencing... got the fasteners on the posts today. I will make a gate tomorrow provided I can find my gate handles. I will put the connector in the ground and we will put the rest of the t-post in around the leach field in the next few days. I hope to be done by the weekend. Tomorrow I will be ready to string the first of the fence tape. It will look very nice.

Got my new electric Dremel to replace the rechargable one. I would get half way through shorting a dogs nails and it would die on me. I hate clipping dogs nails and hitting the quick. I just can't do it so I clip the tips and then Dremel them down. Most dogs don't mind the Dremel at all and I know I won't hurt them. It has five speeds and is reasonably quiet too.

Time for homework, I keep procrastinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment